The 5W’s of CampusChat with Christina McIntyre
#CampusChat: 9 PM Eastern, June 2, 2010
Christina's experience in academic advising spans 14 years at Virginia Tech. By working with students to provide advice and direction, she identified that students need tools to provide structure to their academic planning. She designed BecomeAlum to meet those needs.
BecomeAlum is an online academic planning tool for
college students that guides college students through the
complexities of meeting degree requirements. From freshman year through
graduation, and even graduate school, BecomeAlum keeps students on
track to meet their academic goals.
Christina is a member of the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA),
and National Association of Fellowship Advisors (NAFA). She is pictured with husband and co-founder, Jim McIntyre.
#CampusChat is hosted by Kelly Queijo, founder of Smart College
WHAT – #CampusChat on Twitter
WHEN – 9
PM ET June 2, 2010
WHY – Christina spent 14 years as an academic advisor at Virginia Tech and is currently the associate director of Virginia Tech's University Honors Program. On top of that, she's developed a tool for academic planning that helps students plan their college careers, meet graduation requirements, and adjust their plans knowing what the impact will be when changes are necessary.
- Rackspace Tech Showcase – BecomeAlum Founders: Dream, Plan, Realize
Together – Handshake 2.0
- BecomeAlum – Blue Ridge Business Journal
- Honors Programs: Get an Ivy-League Education at a Public School – SmartCollegeVisit
- How to Rock on a Twitter Chat – Handshake 2.0
- Twitter Tools for #CampusChat – SmartCollegeVisit
- 3 Easy Ways to Keep in Step with a Twitter Chat – Handshake 2.0