Takeaway Tweets & Transcript from #CampusChat with Gil Rogers
Last night's #CampusChat was packed with information, resources, and an insight into the extent to which the University of New Haven extends their reach to welcome prospective students to their campus. Gil Rogers, Associate Director of Admissions and Enrollment Technology at UNH, did a fantastic job of demonstrating, not only his knowledge of social media tools, but his passion for using them to engage in conversation with others. The Takeaway Tweets I chose were not from the tips or "how to" categories but were the ones that I think show a deep level of understanding the role social media plays in recruiting and engaging students online today.
- unewhaven: @SuzanneShaffer My job isn't easier or more difficult. It's just different. #CampusChat
- unewhaven: We also encourage students to text their admissions officer (cell/text numbers listed on bios on website and business cards) #CampusChat
- unewhaven: @collegevisit We have about 100 students attend monthly online chats. About 500 come to our @collegeweeklive virtual openhouse #CampusChat
- unewhaven: It's just important for us to be genuine because students see through the "fluff". We don't take down negative. We respond/act #CampusChat
- @unewhaven: We know we cant control the conversation anymore. We can only be active participants. #campuschat
For information about planning your college visit to the University of New Haven, check out the Smart See, Smart Do featured college visit profile. To keep up with news from the University, follow @unewhaven on Twitter.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Takeaway Tweets & Transcript from #CampusChat with Gil Rogers:
The comments to this entry are closed.