College Tour Tip: Schedule Department Meetings Two Weeks in Advance
The question "should I visit the financial aid office during my campus visit" came up during #CollegeChat on Twitter.
The answer is "Yes, but…"
It's best to book any appointment with other offices, departments, or professors at least two weeks in advance. This gives everyone time to plan around classes, semester breaks and crunch times.
Check the admissions department's web site or contact them directly for advice on how to go about setting up the necessary appointments. Note that procedures will vary from school to school.
Be sure to come prepared with your own set of questions for the person you plan to meet. Make the most of your time and theirs. Also, it never hurts to send a thank-you note.
College Tour Question Resources on Smart College Visit:
- Student-to-Student: Questions to ask on a College Visit
- Women Entrepreneurs on College Visits – 10 Questions to Ask
- Have Questions on Your College Tour ? Ask the Natives
- Top 5 Questions to Ask about Financial Aid: Parent-to-Parent
- Top 10 Questions for the Undecided Major