FAFSA: Pros, Cons, and Deadlines Tonight on #CampusChat
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid
With FAFSA deadlines looming (you know that, right?), we thought it would be a good idea to discuss FAFSA myths and facts. Tonight's chat is an open forum and we welcome input from finanical aid experts, parents, and counselors. If you already have questions you'd like answered, please post in the comments section and we'll get you pointed in the right direction.
For now, here are some of the resources we've found helpful:
- The Real FAFSA Deadlines (eduLaunchPad)
- Top Five FAFSA Mistakes: How to avoid them (Russell Golowin, College Relief Funding)
- 10 Good reasons to file the FAFSA (Suzanne Shaffer, Parents Countdown to College Coach)
- FAFSA La Vista, Baby (Michael Szarek, College Counseling for the Rest of Us)
And, from the U. S. Government:
- Where to get the FAFSA application: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Where students and parents can request a Personal Identification Number (PIN): www.pin.ed.gov
- Where to get more information from the U.S. Department of Education on student aid: http://studentaid.ed.gov
Join us on Wednesday nights at 9pm, Eastern (follow @collegevisit on Twitter and the hashtag #CampusChat).
College Visit Tour Tip: When visiting campus, ask questions about make an appointment with a representative from the financial aid department. For a list of questions parents should consider asking, see Top 5 Questions to Ask about Financial Aid: Parent-to-Parent.
The comments to this entry are closed.