University of New Haven: Before, During, & After You Visit
BEFORE You Visit UNH:
- Explore all of the campus visit programs and choose the one that is best for you! Are you a High School Junior, Minority Student, First-Generation, Accepted Student, etc? Decide on the program or programs, then register individually for each one that interests you.
- Visit campus! That’s right, before you visit, you can visit. Check out UNH’s virtual campus tour and explore some of their awesome videos on Youtube!
- Learn more about UNH majors and programs – there are over 100, so start exploring!
DURING Your Visit:
- Stop by Bayer Hall, the main admissions building. (Who knows, you may even get a t-shirt!)
- And then there’s the state-of-the-art facilities – Henry C. Lee Institute, digital recording studios, dental clinic, and engineering labs, and more!
- Take photos! This not only helps you to remember things when you’re back home, but you can post them online to share with your friends and family. Be sure to tag them with UNH to track your campus visit.
After You Visit UNH:
- Take time to reflect on your visit and evaluate what you liked or did not like. You can use the Smart College Visit campus visit evaluation form to log info about your visit or make notes on people with whom you need to follow up.
- Stay connected. Follow UNH on Facebook and Twitter.
- Send a word of thanks. A thank you card (handwritten) stands out and makes a positive impression. So, if you liked your tour guide, the faculty member or the admissions counselor you met with, send ’em a card. It won’t go unnoticed.
The University of New Haven is a client of Smart College Visit, Inc. To get directions, plan travel, or search for hotels near campus, please visit UNH on SmartCollegeVisit.