Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas
from all of us here at Smart College Visit!
Students, make sure you are NOT on Santa’s “naughty” list by avoiding these scholarship blunders:
- Submitting a late scholarship application
- Applying for a scholarship even if all qualifications are not met
- Going over the word-count limit on essays
- Addressing the essay or letter of recommendation to another organization
- Ignoring submission guidelines, such as a specific order of included materials
- Waiting until the spring of senior year to start the scholarship process
- Assuming that winning scholarships is impossible, out of reach, or too hard
Scholarship money is a gift from organizations that want to help students pay for college…
…but unfortunately there could be thousands of students trying to win ONE scholarship award.
Avoid scholarship blunders and learn how to apply SMART and stay on Santa’s “nice” list!
Read all of the Scholarship Mom Tips here.
Learn more about winning college scholarships
Check out Monica’s guide for parents on Amazon: How to Win College Scholarships: A Guide for Parents in 10 Easy Steps
Want to talk with Monica one-to-one? Click the arrow to learn how!request a call with monicaParents – Want more tips? Don’t miss the Parent College Coach Tips here!