Scholarship Mom Tip #164: Find Scholarships Daily
One of the biggest excuses that students and their parents have for why they don’t apply for college scholarships is the lack of time that they assume it takes to find scholarships.
Here are some easy, non-time consuming ways to find college scholarships:
• Do you watch TV? Search for scholarships during commercials.
• Do you commute to and from work on a bus or train? Find scholarships while commuting.
• Do you sit in your car waiting for your student’s sports or music practice to finish? Look for scholarships while you are waiting.
• On your lunch break at work? Page through a scholarship listing book while you are eating.
• Surfing the internet at home? Click over to every high school website in your area and check out their scholarship lists.
• Chatting with friends? Tell them that you and your student are trying to find scholarships and ask them to keep their eyes open and let you know if they see any.
• Do you read the newspaper? Check and see if your paper has a “Names in the News” section. There they often list the winners of local scholarships. Jot down this info and have your student apply the following year.
Finding scholarships is a big part of the process and once you have your list, you are ready to help your student apply. Don’t get caught in the “I have no time” excuse. Everyone is busy! Squeeze in scholarship searching every chance that you get and you will be amazed at how many scholarship opportunities you will find.
Do you have a unique way of finding college scholarships? I’d love to hear it! Share it in the comments section below.
Related: How to Find Scholarships? ASK!
Read all of the Scholarship Mom Tips here.
Learn more about winning college scholarships
Check out Monica’s guide for parents on Amazon: How to Win College Scholarships: A Guide for Parents in 10 Easy StepsParents – Want more tips? Don’t miss the Parent College Coach Tips here!