After carefully reading and sorting through all the applications for the Savor Summer College Scholarship, a scholarship winner has been chosen! There are 5 very specific reasons why the student’s application was singled out among all the others and I want to share them to help parents and students prepare the best scholarship applications that they possibly can:
- The application arrived neat and clean, all in an oversized envelope bearing the correct postage
- The essay was personal, detailed, error-free, and answered the prompt completely
- The student took the time to make sure the application was complete, 100% typed, and contained a scholarship resume that was one easy to read and professional looking page
- The letter of recommendation was one of the best that I’ve ever seen, with personal details and specific reasons why the student should win the scholarship money
- All submitted pages were neatly labeled with the student’s name, which helps when judges are comparing several applications side by side
There you have it! These reasons should be a checklist for every student to use as they get ready to submit scholarship applications, as little details make a huge difference. Have you won a scholarship? Share your success with us in the comments section below!
Related: Know What Scholarship Judges Want
Read all of the Scholarship Mom Tips here.
Learn more about winning college scholarships
Check out Monica’s guide for parents on Amazon: How to Win College Scholarships: A Guide for Parents in 10 Easy StepsParents – Want more tips? Don’t miss the Parent College Coach Tips here!