Current College Student Scholarships
In last week’s tip, I shared how scholarships are not just for high school students, but also for current college students. (Read that post here.) This week, as promised, I share how to find current college student scholarships.
Students can win scholarships all through their college career and here are several methods of finding them:
• Visiting the website of their college
• Stopping by their college financial aid office
• On bulletin boards all across campus
• In the offices of their professors, just ask!
• Filing the FAFSA each year they are in college
• Asking current and former students of the same university
• Talking to Admissions officers
• Scholarship matching websites (updating info yearly for current matches)
Students and their parents who are serious about winning money for school need to be constantly on the lookout for new current college student scholarships.
Tapping into a student’s own college is a great way to find scholarships with less competition than well-known national scholarships.
Have you or your student won a scholarship while attending college? Please share in the comments section below and let’s do whatever we can to help students find money to pay for the ever increasing cost of college.
Read all of the Scholarship Mom Tips here.
Learn more about winning college scholarships
Check out Monica’s guide for parents on Amazon: How to Win College Scholarships: A Guide for Parents in 10 Easy StepsParents – Want more tips? Don’t miss the Parent College Coach Tips here!