About Smart College Visit (SCV)
SmartCollegeVisit.com launched in November, 2009. The company incorporated in January of 2010.
We make it easy for college-bound teens and their families to search for colleges and plan campus visits. On our web site, you’ll find college profile pages and travel logistics to more than 3000 US colleges, an extensive college advice and college-prep blog, interviews with college admission and college financial planning experts, and a wealth of personal stories from other parents, students, interns and even our own team.
We are located in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center in Blacksburg, Va.
Smart College Visit, Inc.
2000 Kraft Drive, Suite 2175
Blacksburg VA 24060
In the News
- Listed #1 in the: Top 25 Blogs That Will Prep You For College by Personal Income
- Blacksburg Entrepreneurs Look to the Future – The New River Dispatch, 12/20/15
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem – NRV News, 12/17/15
- 6 Startups to Watch Out of Virginia Tech’s Incubator – DC INNO, 07/14/15
- TechNite nominees represent social media, digital currency – The Roanoke Times, 04/10/15
- Z. Kelly Queijo – Founder | President | Business Development Lead
- Alex Edelman – Web Developer | Physicist
- Kiley Thompson – VP of Marketing | Digital Strategist | Engagement Expert | Social Media Guru
- Amy Widner – VP of Operations| Admissions Marketing Expert | Humorist | Planner
- Suzanne Shaffer – Writer | Twitter Contributor | #CampusChat Leader
Our Clients Past & Present
- Colleges & Universities
- Bridgewater College – Admissions/SCV Widget
- Concord University – Enrollment Management; Recruitment Publications
- University of New Haven – Marketing/Mobile App Development
- St. Lawrence University – Savvy Marketing Services/#CampusChat promotion
- Virginia Tech – Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Virginia Tech – Marketing & Publications/Mobile App Development
Products and Services
SmartCollegeVisit.com – Designed with the college-bound audience in mind, SmartCollegeVisit.com is part blog, part college search and travel planning resource. The SCV blog is rich with information to guide teens and parents throughout the college journey. While the Explore Colleges portal can literally help users plan their journey to visit colleges. Users can search for colleges, view college profile pages and access travel logistics and hotels near campus for every college in the US. We make it easy for visitors to plan and book their travel to visit campus.
Email Marketing/Recruitment Services – With more than 20 years of experience in direct mail/email marketing and an award-winning writing team, we’re confident we can deliver messages that garner results for your marketing initiatives. Email marketing is a smart solution.
Content Marketing Services – Being a SAVVY client of Smart College Visit is like having a fully staffed, social-media savvy department on call to help you recruit the best students to your university. We work with colleges and universities to identify and promote the institution’s unique characteristics to deliver targeted messages to the college-bound audience.
Mobile Campus Guides – We develop mobile solutions for college recruitment including: custom, navigational and informational campus guides for colleges and universities, mobile web featured content microsites, as well as mobile campus visit registration and inquiry forms.
Smart Visit Widget – Our goal is to make it easy for users to book travel to colleges, but why keep all these good tools to ourselves? We want colleges to be able to do this, too! So, we took our campus-specific travel-planning tools and created a Click-Copy-Paste solution so colleges and universities can travel-enable any page on their college web site.
#Campus Chat – One of the longest-running higher education Twitter chats, #CampusChat is held on Wednesdays at 1PM, ET.